[Live-demo] Standards - new documentation?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 02:20:02 PST 2010

On 21/12/2010 8:16 AM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The overviews section of the Greek translation is done. The
> Quickstarts are almost complete too.
>
> Before I start the Standards section I would like to ask: is there
> going to be a new set of documents from OGC for this release? Should
> we wait?
>
> Regards,
> Angelos

I do wish to improve the Standards documentation, and in particular run
the standards through the same level of detailed review that we applied
to the Application Overviews. I've had initial discussions with the OGC
about this who are interested to find a sponsor for a dedicated
reviewer. As it stands, we don't have enough time to run through a
proper review cycle for the 4.5 release, so I'm hoping to have the
standards review in place for the 5.0 release.

So bottom line is that I'm not expecting to see many changes to the
standards docs for the 4.5 release, but they will likely change quite a
bit for the 5.0 release.