[Live-demo] Re: FOSSGIS dvd contact

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 13:49:25 PST 2010

Hello Sebastian,
I understand the time pressures you are probably feeling with the German
FOSSGIS coming up soon.
And hence I agree that it would probably be prudent to delay integration
efforts with our LiveDVD until after the conference (which would give us
some good lead time for FOSS4G 2010).

Yes, our LiveDVD is based upon Xubuntu. As such, there should be minimal
adjustments to port to Debian, or integrate your efforts into our Ubuntu
build.

Re: A USB version of the LiveDVD - This is of interest to us too. I
think that Alex (CCed) and others have investigating building a liveDVD
on a USB (successfully). He should be able to answer any preliminary
questions you have on this subject.

Sebastian Holler wrote:

Geospatial Systems Architect