[Live-demo] OSGeo Live v3 Build 5

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 7 18:17:27 PST 2010

Alex wrote:
> I agree mscorefonts while they can be used with a lot of apps, we don't
> need to be passing them around. In fact to be legal I think you're
> supposed to have a copy of windows on the same machine or some random
> thing like that.

"""
Setting up ttf-mscorefonts-installer (3.0) ...

These fonts were provided by Microsoft "in the interest of cross-
platform compatibility".  This is no longer the case, but they are
still available from third parties.

You are free to download these fonts and use them for your own use,
but you may not redistribute them in modified form, including changes
to the file name or packaging format.
"""

IIUC extracting the .ttf from the .exe installers constitutes modification.

Hamish