[Live-demo] Re: [Workshops] FOSS4G 2010 Call for Workshops and Tutorials is open

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 11:17:46 PST 2010

Oscar Fonts wrote:
> Barcelona, Spain. 15 January 2010.
>

> FOSS4G Live DVD: LiveDVDs, based on the Xubuntu operating system and
> including Geospatial Open Source Software, will be given to all
> delegates. Users can boot a Live DVD on their computer and trial the
> software without installing or effecting the existing system.

Lorenzo, Oscar and others,

Has there been budget set aside to print the LiveDVD and hand out to all
delegates at foss4g2010? (as was the case for 2009).

If that is the case, then we will have a very compelling reason for
project owners to work on the liveDVD, and I will give my personal
commitment to work on the packaging efforts of the liveDVD, and while I
can't speak for the other team members of the liveDVD, I expect that
they will continue to contribute too.

This mutual commitment to LiveDVD goals will help both of us producing a
compelling liveDVD and foss4g experience.

PS, I suggest also setting up a mutual commitment between foss4g and the
WMS shootout, and probably a Desktop shootout too.

Geospatial Systems Architect