[Live-demo] Re: [Foss4g2010] Re: [Workshops] FOSS4G 2010 Call for Workshops and Tutorials is open

Oscar Fonts oscar.fonts.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:37:17 PST 2010

Cameron et al,

I have no experience with Live DVD, but I'm lurking at the Live-demo
mail list, in case FOSS4G workshop/tutorial specific questions arise.

If you (or other LiveDVD guru) would mind to join the FOSS4G2010
Workshop commitee [1] and the conference-workshops list, we both could
act as the link between FOSS4G 2010 and LiveDVD v.4 efforts.

It would be great to deliver a 4 GB USB stick as in other conferences
[2] instead of a DVD, as many light notebooks/netbooks don't have DVD
readers anymore. Don't know if booting from an USB has its technical
drawbacks. USB memory sticks are expensive, but we could find a
sponsor cover that by stamping its logo on it?

Regards,

Oscar.

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2010_Workshops#Workshop_Committee_Members
[2] http://tweetphoto.com/9273560