[Live-demo] svn vs. cp

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 27 12:54:43 PST 2010

Alex wrote:
> The other idea Cameron and I discussed briefly was moving
> dev of each version to a branch/tag at the start of the cycle
> so those links are correct to begin with, rather than cleaning
> up after the end.

mmph, then you have to keep the branch and trunk in sync which
is a major PITA of double handling+commits.

it's not like we are wanting to start on new devel in trunk while
still working on final betas.. my 2c vote is to keep it in trunk
until just after the master is on its way to the printers, or 2
RC build prior to that.

the cleanup isn't a big deal.

Hamish