[Live-demo] Looking for a GIS Live DVD contact for GeoServer

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Wed Jan 27 14:31:54 PST 2010

Hi,

We are in the process of building the next release of the GIS Live DVD
(which was handed out at FOSS4G).
However, at the moment we don't have a contact person who will maintain
the GeoServer install script.
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/bin/install_geoserver.sh

In particular, we looking for someone to advise whether we should
upgrade from 1.7.6 to 2.0 (stable).
http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB

More details at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc

This should be reasonably simple. We are looking for:
* Update the install script to reference geoserver 2.0
* Test the install and make sure it works
* Update wikis or docs etc if required to reflect the new version.

Andrea, I understand that you don't have time to work on the scripts
this time round. Could you please forward onto the geoserver community
and see if we could find another volunteer.

Geospatial Systems Architect