[Live-demo] Version 4 beta 2 up

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 13 00:32:25 PDT 2010

On 07/12/2010 11:25 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-beta2/
>
> Notes:
>
> For some reason on boot, it defaults to an Xterm session instead of a
> Xubuntu session - make sure to select the correct session before you
> submit the password.
>
> Saga prompted my to confirm an apt-get install.
>
> Does GvSig still install it's own java, I thought they were on the
> standard one now, only noticed because it asked me to accept the sun
> license etc...
>
> Mysql root is "user" just like all the other passwords.
>
> Actual build time was about 2 hours + 1 or so to compress the files
> which are at 3.8GB.
>
> Enjoy,
> Alex

A note on the ubuntugis ppa, we should probably shift the code to:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable

Add the repo via a sources file and separate adding of the key is no
longer necessary the one line above does both, and we won't have to
change it every time we switch base distro since it figures that out on
it's own.

Enjoy,