[Live-demo] 4.0 beta3 Online

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 20 10:03:26 PDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 03:18 AM, Hamish wrote:
>> Major quirk - in the mysql config in the Ushahidi script
>> lines 67-70 that didn't go right this time, something funny
>> about the mysql password and it prompted me because of it.
>> Note this may be related to my attempt to automate the password
>> in the mysql script.
>
> also, looking at the error log way down at the end of the file,
> this doesn't look to good at all:
>
> 19756:createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19757:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19762:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19765:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19768:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19771:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19774:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19777:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
> 19778:psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "root"
>

> I'll try a fresh xLucid VM and see what I can learn about
> the mysql password stuff (I know nothing about it..)
>
> maybe being root means we can just leave off the "-p password"
> part of the mysql create db command? could you try that to make
> another new db and see if that works?
>

> thanks,
> Hamish

postgres isn't supposed to have a user called root, that likely failed
because it was the wrong username. If you look around all the postgres
stuff in other script there's a -U in every psql command to specify a
the correct user. (Looks like someone fixed it).

As for mysql as far as I know it does not have Ident like postgres so it
requires a password, maybe I'm wrong. I'll poke at it a little later today.