[Live-demo] 4.0 beta3 Online

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 20 14:04:50 PDT 2010

On 07/20/2010 01:01 PM, Hamish wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>>> Major quirk - in the mysql config in the Ushahidi
>>> scriptlines 67-70 that didn't go right this time,
>>> something funny about the mysql password and it prompted
>>> me because of it.
>
> hopefully fixed with r4054. mysql man page says:
>
>        o  --password[=password], -p[password]
>
>           The password to use when connecting to the server. If
>           you use the short option form (-p), you cannot have a
>           space between the option and the password. If you omit
>           the password value following the --password or -p
>           option on the command line, you are prompted for one.
>
> so the extra space after -p meant that it was treating the
> password as the database name.
>

> Hamish
>

> ps- for desktop-conf/custom.conf any reason not to use the
> automatic login on startup?
> currently:  AutomaticLoginEnable=false
>
> does that mean you can't get to gdm even if you log out?
Ah I didn't realize in the man page that meant you can't have a space.
I'd opt for the --password= to be more clear.

I think it's good to allow people to change the language before login.
Also that delay before login may allow some services to finish coming up
so the experience once in should be better(guess).

You should still be able to get to the login screen if you logout of a
session. Without seeing the login screen, not sure if users will be
aware of this option and that is where you change language/keyboard.