[Live-demo] Remaining tasks looking for a volunteer

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Jul 27 15:31:46 PDT 2010

On 07/27/2010 03:27 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On 28/07/10 06:04, Massimo Di Stefano wrote:
>> p.s.
>> apologize me for the complete absence from the list (i know there is a
>> lot of work to do)
>> i had to defend my master degree thesis the last week
>> ... i'm back:-)  to help a bit for what i can
>>

> Massimo (and others who have a few spare moments to help),
>
> Here are some ideas for what you can do:
>
> 1. Help write remaining Overview docs. You can see what is left to do at
> our status page here:
> http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=5
>

> In particular, we are missing:
> OpenLayers,
> GeoKettle,
> GeoServer,
> MapTiler,
> OpenJump (although I think this is coming),
> OpenStreetMap Editor Tools
> UDig
>
> 2. Clean up the packaging of OpenLayers. Last time I looked, Openlayers
> was not selectable as its own item in the menus, and I don't think it
> includes the typical examples. (This is a very high priority as
> OpenLayers is the only OSGeo package which is not presented well)
>
> 3. Include screen grabs. Some Overviews don't have a screen grab yet.
> Helping them out would be great.
> * MapFish
> * MapServer
> * QGIS Mapserver
> * R
>
> 4. If someone has Sphinx templating experience - it would be great if we
> could improve the templates, in particular to address the general
> integration between quickstart, overview and descriptions.

I did some R screenshots last night (guess I better check the links),
should be coming through, the text of the overview could be expanded and
a quickstart based on the old html version would be nice.

I've started poking at the Sphinx templating, and have an idea of where
to go but I think it involves merging the documents into a common
space/tree. Help is welcome - please contact me to coordinate that part.