[Live-demo] 4.0 rc5 build

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 27 22:30:05 PDT 2010

Alex wrote:
> The Help Launcher is nowhere to be seen, the files are there the logs
> seem ok, maybe the icon shuffle at the end did it in(I looked but didn't
> see it in any of the folders)?

ok; will have to investigate later.

> Also Mapbender is still floating on the desktop.

that's ok, I expect(ed) some of those with all the new scripts.
I'm surprised there's just one to be honest.

> FYI looks like something is still making a /usr/local/livedvd-docs
> folder but all our stuff is in osgeolive-docs, someone want
> to find and kill that uneeded folder?

grep bin/* shows build_iso.sh, install_mapnik.sh, install_mapserver.sh,
and main.sh still using it.

> Firefox homepage reset doesn't work, but that's nothing new,
> I did it by hand this time.

we'd have to find and attack the skeleton file, as the ~user/.mozilla/
dir doesn't exist yet when we run the install scripts.
also it might pay to investigate the ubuntu-theme firefox package and
see how it does it, and if it will override whatever we do.

it looks like the ubufox package is putting the homepage in
 /etc/xul-ext/ubufox.js

let's try editing it there.

> I also added the Geospatial menu from it's file, the cpu
> monitor and the keyboard switcher so I don't forget to do
> it on the final builds.

If you run the install scripts while not logged into the user account
running Xfce, that should happen automatically. (changes to disk get
blasted upon logout as it saves current state) I suggest to try running
the install scripts from a xterm session or maybe install a tiny WM like
fluxbox to run the install scripts from?

no time to peek at the build logs right now, but asap.

thanks,
Hamish