[Live-demo] 4.0 rc5 build

Astrid Emde astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 28 14:38:18 PDT 2010

Hi Alex, hi list,

I removed the Mapbender Icon from the deskop and moved it to Navigation
and Maps.

I did this directly in the install_mapbender.sh

I have another question about the menu:
Mapbender only shows up in Applications - Education

It does not show up at Applications - Other (Andere in german), where all
the other applications show up. Do you know what I made wrong. Is there
another file where I should handle this?

This is what I did:

#Add Launch icon to desktop
if [ ! -e /usr/share/applications/mapbender.desktop ] ; then
   cat << EOF > /usr/share/applications/mapbender.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Mapbender
Comment=Mapbender
Categories=Application;Geography;Geoscience;Education;
Exec=firefox http://localhost/mapbender/
Icon=/usr/share/icons/mapbender_desktop_48x48.png
Terminal=false
StartupNotify=false
EOF
fi
cp /usr/share/applications/mapbender.desktop
"$USER_HOME/Desktop/Navigation and Maps"

Astrid