[Live-demo] Openlayers looking very amateur on OSGeo-Live DVD

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 02:27:11 PDT 2010

> Hi,
>
> swerving off-topic a little bit, but in earlier days we had set
> these firefox preferences:
>
> user_pref("toolkit.networkmanager.disable", true);
> user_pref("network.online", true);
>

> would they help / are they still needed?

They were there to prevent things being terrible when the person
running the dvd was not connected to the internet. Before we had them
several of the web based applications where not usable as it would
first try and find the DNS or something.

Perhaps check the mailing list archives for details?

Jody