[Live-demo] Re: Which version or Java to use on the OSGeo LiveDVD?

Andrea Aime aaime at opengeo.org
Tue Jun 8 14:07:47 PDT 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Andrea,
> Good point. More important than disk space is RAM usage, and speed of
> starting up and running applications.
>
> Does that mean we need to install a new servlet container for each
> application?
> Or is it possible to configure tomcat so that it will only upload
> applications as we need them?

I believe it would be better to have a setup where each web app has its
own container. Tomcat is not big by itself, at least, it should be
significantly smaller than a JDK.

However, I must admin I have no experience in dynamically starting
up and shutting down separate applications in the same container.

Cheers
Andrea