[Live-demo] What dataset should your application use on the LiveDVD?

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:33:32 PDT 2010

Hi Cameron:

I am willing to switch the uDig examples over to the Natural Earth dataset; you could lighten up on the raster datasets in order to provide a more varied dataset. I also note that a DEM should be included in the mix for applications that wish to highlight that functionality.

You may also wish to choose some of the 1:110K data as that will hit many uses cases and the space requirements are smaller.

Populated Places:
1:110k - 38.31 KB
1:50k 346.29 KB

Admin 1 - States Provinces