[Live-demo] Building OSGeo Live DVD for FOSS4G 2010

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 05:04:55 PDT 2010

We have started building this year's OSGeo-Live DVD
<http://live.osgeo.org> which will be handed out to every delegate at
FOSS4G 2010, as well as many other Geospatial events.

This year, OSGeo-Live will be even sexier, more useful and professional
by including:

    * consistent Application Overviews
      <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Artefacts#Application_Overview>
    * Application Quick Starts
      <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Marketing_Artefacts#Application_Quick_Start>

    * A common world dataset <http://www.naturalearthdata.com/>
    * An overview of all applications on the LiveDVD in a presentation
      at FOSS4G 2010

We want to hear from:

    * Established GeoSpatial projects who wish to include their project
      in OSGeo-Live
    * Workshop leaders or trainers who wish to use OSGeo-Live. We'd like
      to know how we can help you.
    * Project representatives please:
          o Update application version in application spreadsheet
            <http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB>
            then update your test script to ensure it installs in
            Xubuntu 10.04.
          o Comment on whether our draft templates for Project Overview
            <https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/descriptions/postgis_overview.odt>
            and Quick Start
            <https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/descriptions/gvsig_quick_start.odt>
            fit your projects.

    Milestones

    * 25 July 2010: Documentation template ready for use
    * 5 July 2010: Feature freeze
    * 2 August 2010: Final delivery for User Acceptance Test

..more
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdE1SYUN3YWJ2N1NpSUczbW9IRWZNclE&hl=en_GB>

    About OSGeo-Live

OSGeo-live is an XUbuntu <http://xubuntu.org> based distribution of
Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual
Machine and soon to be released USB. You can use OSGeo-Live to try a
wide variety of open source geospatial software without installing
anything.

    Contact Us?

Website: http://live.osgeo.org