[Live-demo] Re: QGIS mapserver on foss4g liveDVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at lisasoft.com
Fri Jun 25 04:43:13 PDT 2010

Marco Hugentobler wrote:
> Hi Cameron
>
> I wanted to ask if it is possible to include QGIS mapserver, a QGIS based WMS
> server with a close desktop integration
> (http://karlinapp.ethz.ch/qgis_wms/index.html) to the foss4g 2010 live DVD.
>
> If yes, I could send you ubuntu packages in the next days (ubuntu 10.04
> based?)
>
> Best regards,
> Marco

Marco,
Great to hear about your interest in packaging your application for
OSGeoLive.

I suspect that the QGIS mapserver project qualifies. It is Open Source
GeoSpatial. Is the software stable?
Do you have someone willing to be a "Project Champion", and have someone
able to write install scripts and marketing documentation as per:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#What_gets_into_OSGeoLive.3F

If so, then yes, we would love to have QGISmapserver included in OSGeoLive.