[Live-demo] 52nWPS install script

Kristof Lange kristof.lange at uni-muenster.de
Wed Jun 30 03:54:05 PDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I´ve got a question concerning the tomcat6 installation out of the repos
on the livedvd. I tried to deploy our 52nWPS.war there but got some errors.

SEVERE: Cannot find specific temporary folder at /usr/share/tomcat6/temp..
WARNING: Can´t load server.xml from /usr/share/tomcat6/conf/server.xml

And some other files couldn´t be find. I know, that this is a typical
error for installations of tomcat6 out of the ubuntu-repos. My question
is, if I can install a tomcat from the binaries under
/usr/local/52nWPS/tomcat6 where I will deploy the war-archive? Or is
there any other common webapp-folder which will work? Otherwise I think
there will be some problems with multiple tomcat instances..

Best regards
Kristof L.