[Live-demo] Re: [OSGeo] #443: Desktop appearance

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Mon Mar 1 04:48:52 PST 2010

Hi wildintellect,

I like the pictures!

(all: pictures are in SVN at livedvd/gisvm/trunk/desktop-conf/)

I like the osgeoglobe.png most. It looks really cool, I think. Maybe the
star (top right corner) from the osgeo compass could be a tiny little
bit more pronounced, and maybe the three-quarter circle added as well?

Of course, this background only works well, if it is not covered with
all the application icons. But I assume, they will be banned from
desktop and only the main categories are left?

May be it would be possible to add the
OSGeo-your-open-source-compass-logo right across the blue background?
Then the bluish star could be kicked out.

If the many icons are still going to crowd the desktop, then I would
prefer the osgeocompass.png, as it is not as sensitive to overlaying
icons. But again, I would try adding the three-quarter circle from the logo.

/me just dreaming on ...

Greetings,
Judit