[Live-demo] sample OSM data for Gosmore

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 20:09:45 PST 2010

Hi,

The Gosmore viewer/editor for OpenStreetMap requires a planet-*.osm file
to be useful.

I'd like to install some sample data to work with, but the ones I could
find were 136MB+ .bz2 which I think is too big.
  http://www.osmaustralia.org/osmausextract.php
  http://downloads.cloudmade.com/oceania/australia

see bin/install_osm.sh

Does anyone have or can provide a Sydney extract? That would match the
pgRouting, MapFish, GpsDrive, etc OSM maps and be a more manageable size.

Actually come to think of it, maybe for Josm it is better install a
small .osm file for a region which isn't already well mapped. That way
classroom use can help contribute back which is more interesting and
rewarding for the students I think.

http://2010.foss4g.org/workshop03.php
http://2010.foss4g.org/workshop10.php

anyone know how to contact the session leaders to ask?
  Iván Sánchez Ortega (OpenStreetMap España)
  Daniel Kastl, Frédéric Junod (pgRouting)

thanks,
Hamish