[Live-demo] Alternate Download Server

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 4 12:36:08 PST 2010

Folks,

In chatting with Hamish after the meeting today I offered to provide
download hosting for the LiveDVD off the normal download.osgeo.org blade
since it has file size limits and isn't well arranged for changing content
through the beta period.

I have created a "livedvd" account on the system iweb.gdal.org, which is a
leased server I use in Montreal.  The livedvd account should support
ssh and sftp service.  If you put the files to be downloadable in:

   /web/livedvd

they will be accessable as:

   http://iweb.gdal.org/livedvd

I will email Alex and Cameron the password which they are welcome to change
and pass around as long as it isn't published publically.

I have a 3000GB per month limit and 150GB free which should be ok at least
through the beta cycle.  The final result might still go on download.osgeo.org.

Best regards,