[Live-demo] blue wombat desktop background

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Mar 5 16:58:00 PST 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> I'll be presenting an Open Source presentation at an international
> conference for Surveyors here in Sydney in April, and I intend to take
> along LiveDVDs with a background similar to the one at:
>
> https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/desktop-conf/blue-wombat.png
>

> (It was created by one of our graphic artists here at LISAsoft)
>
> I'm interested to hear feedback on whether it should be used for the
> LiveDVD. I like it, it has the OSGeo watermark, is simple, and has the
> same theme as one of Alex's images.

In concept it's fine, maybe a little obscure or seemingly unrelated but
I'm not opposed to that. However for use on the Official disk it would
need to have the OSGeo info not Lisasoft in the bottom corner.

I'm working on the sponsors page of the docs right now, which will list
Lisasoft 1st and foremost for it's contributions.