[Live-demo] 3.0 rc3 update

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 8 01:00:25 PST 2010

re. 3.0rc3 build log errors
-

install_R: needed standard LAPACK lib installed for compiles  (fixed in svn)
install_udig: broken URLs, mixed versions  (fixed in svn)
gvSIG: typo in enviro variable; echo -e  (fixed in svn)

(and a couple more that were my fault that I won't bore you with :)

I'm still working on making the icons->menus more robust, including this
error:
  ls: cannot access *geonetwork.desktop: No such file or directory

still needed:

openjump
=========
31809:ERROR: install_main_docs.sh: missing doc/descriptions/openjump_description.html

maptiler
=========
31822:ERROR: install_main_docs.sh: missing doc/descriptions/maptiler_description.html

install_main_docs.sh
=======================
moved before install_desktop.sh so wombat sign help icon exists and thus
can be added to the panel menu

this error for every $APP:
sed: -e expression #1, char 72: unknown option to `s'

I think it is on this line, but I'm not sure what it is exactly:

??

shell scripting tips o' the day:

${VARIABLE} does not protect against special chars (spaces) in path & file names.
e.g.:
$ DIRNAME="a b"
$ mkdir ${DIRNAME}
$ ls
a/  b/

(not "a b/")

${} is mostly useful for separating from legal variable-name chars which
aren't a part of it, e.g. underscores:
   ${VARIABLE}_description.txt

sed will take any char as the field sep, if "/" is not convinient due
to excessive \quoting. for example:
  `sed -e 's+before+after+'`  or  `sed -e 's|before|after|'`

feel free to add \n and \t to the /after/ side of the sed search & replace
to make the output formatting nicer.

Hamish