[Live-demo] Propose to start building another release soon, 3.0rc4

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 8 14:25:23 PST 2010

Cameron Shorter wrote:
> Alex, I'm considering starting to build a 3.0rc4 in ~6 hours or so, so
> that you can focus on getting the ISO build process in place, and I can
> focus on the desktop fixes incorporated.
> I'll also be able to make the VM available via the (flaky)
> http://camilla.ardec.com.au vm server.
> and copy the VM to somewhere people can download
> thoughts?

I can start a new build any time if we think there are sufficient
changes to warrant it. I probably should have made it clear that an ISO
file can be booted in any virtual machine. In fact you can make a vm
with no hard drive and still boot the ISO (Virtual Box, VMWare,
Parallels, etc)

For your vm, have you considered running them off of the ISO file(might
want an iso copy per vm). That might actually work well and changes made
by one person wouldn't carry over to another. You could also create 2-3
vm's so if one is busy someone else can open another one.

I am working on packing up the vm right now. It's not going so well
seems to refuse to shrink and at 18GB it's not really transferable. But
I've still got some ideas on that.