[Live-demo] blue wombat desktop background

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 15:55:58 PST 2010

Tyler, others,
Yes, this discussion has taken place on both IRC and this email list,
making it difficult to follow. (Cameron makes personal note to try to
rectify this in future).

Summary of the status as I know it:
* Cameron seems to be the only person who thinks "arramagong" is a good
name, and so has conceded that we should migrate to something different.
* For the upcoming 3.0 release in a few days, we will stick with the
arramagong name as we haven't got enough time to change all the project
references and make sure we push out a good new brand name.
* For the 4.0 release for FOSS4G 2010, we will pick a new name, probably
based around the domain name of http://live.osgeo.org or similar. We
have 5 months to clean up branding, docs etc.
* For the background image for the arramagong image, we are running with
the blue-wombat background with has an osgeo logo (and lisasoft logo
removed).
* For specific conferences or print runs, conference organisors can
decide to set their own branding which promotes their conference or high
sponsors. After this release, we may wish to put background branding
guidelines in place.