[Live-demo] Testing Mapserver on the LiveDVD

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 11:29:46 PST 2010

mapserver-dev,

This week we are testing our last release candidate for the OSGeo
LiveDVD. This DVD contains ~ 35 of the best GeoSpatial Open Source
packages, is handed out at GeoSpatial conferences like FOSS4G, and has
started to be used in training workshops and the like.

I wonder whether someone familiar with Mapserver could volunteer to act
as a point of contact between us LiveDVD packagers, and the mapserver
community.

I'm also after (maybe the same person, or maybe another) to write  down
~ 10 test steps which would verify that mapserver is working on the
LiveDVD. We plan to put out the final release this coming weekend.

Instructions for running the LiveDVD from a web browser are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Quick_Start#Development_release_from_browser

Template for test steps are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing#template

and GeoNetwork Test Steps and results should go here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing#mapserver

Hopefully, this should only take 15 to 20 mins, and it ensures that we
retain a high level of quality for the LiveDVD.

Geospatial Systems Architect