[Live-demo] Menus

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 17:51:42 PDT 2010

> Brian wrote:
> > did anyone notice that both the 'Education' and 'Other'
> > menus are filled with the same long set of OSGeo apps?
> > I'd file that as a significant typo...

Cameron:
> How do we remove the "Other" element from the directory?
> Hamish, do you know how to do that?

I've got a good idea how to do it, but my advice (for now) is
*do not mess with it*. I'd rather have more roads lead to Rome
than risk breaking anything.

The "Other" category collects everything that isn't already
added to another Applications menu section. As we have another
Geospatial menu with our own structure and icons the non-Applcns
clones get caught by the catch-all. The solution is to edit the
"Other" section of the applications menu to <Exclude> (or xml
equiv.) the Geospatial categories.

But at this late stage I do not want to do that for this release.

Hamish