[Live-demo] Google Summer of Code draft press release

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 13:05:06 PDT 2010

I've copied the GSoC press release to my blog, which gets sucked up by
http://planet.osgeo.org

http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2010/03/osgeo-live-dvd-joins-google-summer-of.html

Hamish wrote:
> Cameron wrote:
>
>> Lots of news worthy items of late:
>> I think I'll send this (light weight) press release out

>> Comments welcome.
>>

> ( http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_4 )
>

>> before the more important live dvd 3.0 release.
>>

> before releasing that announcement, we shoulsd declare rc6 to be 3.0
> Final-for-sure ...  27th March is it?

There is no particular rush on the press release. Yes, lets make sure we
have declared 3.0 to be final first.
About 27 March would be good, but we can move forward or back if we are
ready.