[Live-demo] Renaming the LiveGIS Disc as OSGeo-Live

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 19:15:19 PDT 2010

Cameron wrote:
> Us LiveDVD packagers are looking to rename our packaging
> project and the Disc that we distribute as "OSGeo-Live",
> accessable at http://live.osgeo.org

fyi I've already submitted a SAC ticket to set that up, but
do not expect (or ask) for any movement on that until the
dust from the server migration has settled.

> Before we lay claim to this name, I'd like to give the
> OSGeo Marketing Committee and OSGeo Board the opportunity to
> raise any concerns with our use of the "OSGeo" name, and if
> objections are strong enough, we can pick a different name.

? I don't get it. From the start this has been explicitly
a project of, by, and for OSGeo with the name of live-{tbd}.
jumble up the words and it's still the same thing.

Hamish