[Live-demo] OSGeo wiki or google spread sheet?

Judit Mays mays at lat-lon.de
Thu Mar 25 23:43:24 PDT 2010

Hi list,

could anyone kindly update me on the reason for moving the package list
from OSGeo wiki [1] to google spread sheet [2]? Probably this decision
made very good sense and I am just not seeing the obvious.

Personally, using google would not be my preference. I'd rather keep the
relevant content to the OSGeo wiki. We all already have access to the
OSGeo wiki and the OSGeo svn and that is all we should need.
And, the wiki is the number one location where people interested in
joining the live crowd should be able to find everything they need to know.

If editing was only possible via login (like [3]), I should add that
I am not prepared to get me a google account.
For completeness sake, the third page in google I know of is the
time line for releases[4].

Kind regards,
Judit

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Packages