[Live-demo] Re: DHCP

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Sun Mar 28 10:05:17 PDT 2010

  > Brian: do you know how your router is configured? Is your MAC
address mapped to a certain local IP? Can you soften the router DHCP
restrictions in any way and check if the live DVD gets online?

  In our case, that lab uses 172.16.0.xx,  not 192.168.1.xx
the restrictions are very minimal, so I dont think restrictions are any issue

 I just tried another experiement with a Lenovo Centrino Laptop offsite
I booted on the LiveDVD with ethernet plugged in - it did detect DHCP

now that I think of it, the machine at the lab may have been a wireless
machine
both wireless networks have passwords..
booting the Lenovo laptop w/o ethernet, then choosing the wireless
network worked
adding ethernet after that worked

so the wireless password has a lot to do with this..
sorry, the lab machine is a desktop so I didnt think of it as wireless...
I would like to confirm in the lab

--
unfortunately I tried to look something up with Firefox/Google now on
the Lenovo and FF crashed

-Brian