[Live-demo] Countdown to OSGeoLive 4.0 announcement (in 24 hours?)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 15:38:49 PDT 2010

  I'm trying very hard to get all loose ends tied up so that we can
release OSGeoLive as early in this week as possible, so we can pick up
all pre-foss4g marketing buzz possible (as opposed to post foss4g when
news channels will be swamped with GeoSpatial Open Source stories).

I'd like to release in 24 hours (Friday morning in Australia, Thursday
evening in the US).
What is left to do:
* Finish 20minute lightening osgeolive presentation. (I'm on track to
finish tonight).
* Write press release (I'll start now)
* Copy our current docs to the web site. I think we are very close.
There are a few outstanding comments from Hamish which we haven't
addressed, and we need to adjust words to correctly reflect our
relationship with OSGeo on the home page). Hamish, are there any show
stoppers you would like fixed. (We can update next week if we miss
something)
* Have osgeolive 4.0.1 ready for downloading. Alex, what is the status
there?
* What have I missed?