[Marketing] Re: [Live-demo] Re: What is OSGeoLive's relationship with OSGeo?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 17:38:56 PDT 2010

Tyler wrote:
> I've always saw it as just a committee run project, similar to
> the Journal, Edu committee and the geodata group.  I think
> there is limited benefit to incubation or even labs.  If it's
> simply a committee run project then no big deal.

fwiw this is pretty much how I see it as well. The OSGeo clans
coming together to put out a useful demonstrator, and rather
importantly, as a byproduct reps from the various projects getting
to know each other (and each other's software) a bit better, so
better trust, more collaboration, fewer reinvented wheels, etc.

cheers,
Hamish