[Live-demo] Re: contributor and translator files

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 05:20:41 PDT 2010

As Hamish has picked up, I've now moved contributors and translators
into rst format, which is not included into the {lang}/sponsors.rst wiki
page.

Hamish, I did consider keeping files as csv and creating rst as you
suggest, but decided against it because:

1. I think our only target for our translators and contributors is for
our documentation.

2. It makes creating the target documentation very easy, and we can run
rst build using "make html" and not bin/install_main_docs.sh, which
makes it easier for translators. I'm actually hoping that we will be
able to have translators create their translations on windows computers
if they so desire.

3. Creating rst tables from csv is not as simple as I expected, as you
need to get each cell in a column to have the same number of chars. (so
you can't simply do: s/,/|/ )

If you feel really strongly about this, and want to write such a script
instead, then go ahead.