[Live-demo] 5.0 Beta 4 Status - Space

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 7 16:57:49 PDT 2011

Alex wrote:
> Yes a re-audit of Xubuntu is probably in order since it's a
> different release version, I'll see if I can make a quick list
> by hand of things to remove.

have a look for a post by me to this list about 5-6 weeks ago
with such a list. things like a couple of 10-20mb theme packs.

the base xubuntu still came on a 700mb CD, so in theory will
not have grown.

useful things like inkscape, gimp, openoffice may have to go if
they are still there. but then we lose the ability of the disc
to be used as a general purpose enviro, so folks are more likely
to reboot out of it and not come back.

remember it is compressed size that matters, not what df reports,
so uncompressed GeoTiffs etc may be a lot less costly than they
seem on the surface.

Hamish