[Live-demo] Re: Can we remove OpenJDK from OSGeo-Live?

Sergio Baños Calvo listas at saig.es
Tue Aug 9 23:39:56 PDT 2011

On behalf of Kosmo Desktop:

On 10/08/11 06:59, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> OSGeo-LIve project contacts,
>
> We are trying to find space on OSGeoLive, and expect that we can
> remove OpenJDK, the free java implementation, as most applications
> seem to be using the Sun JRE instead.
>
> So from the java projects:
> * Will you application be able to run without OpenJDK? (It seems that
> rasdaman is the only application drawing it in)

Kosmo Desktop includes its own Sun JRE bundled (if I can remember
correctly, 1.6.0_23 for Kosmo Desktop 2.0.1). We haven't tested the use
of OpenJDK, but it may have problems.

> * Will your application run with only Sun's JRE or do you require JDK
> as well?
We don't need a JDK, but JRE must be 1.6.X, it doesn't work with 1.5.X

Regards,
--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: sbc at saig.es