[Live-demo] Re: Questions about geomajas, Java and OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 01:05:35 PDT 2011

On 10/08/2011 5:40 PM, Pieter De Graef wrote:
> Cameron,
>
> currently the Geomajas install script tries to install the default sun
> JRE. We do not bundle our own JRE version. Without actually testing, I
> can't tell whether or not this would pose a problem, but I guess the
> chance of that is small.
>
> Can't we decide on some default JRE to be installed on the LiveDVD,
> and those who are incompatible with that default need to provide their
> own version?

Pieter, (CCing osgeo-Live and other java developers),
Yes, we do currently provide the default Sun JRE, but this is not
sufficient for some applications like UDig which make use of extended
libraries. Our problem is that we are getting very short on space, and
would like to only have one Java install included.