[Live-demo] Re: liblas and rasdaman build failures [was: 5.0 Beta 5 Status]

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 21:34:51 PDT 2011

Alex wrote:
> Vm is packing, looks like we dropped a whole 1 GB out of
> the VM which might translate to 500 MB saved on the iso.

great, thanks. I've just downloaded the VM, decompressing now.

> +1 there is a menu now and all the desktop icons are sorted

still need to play with getting the submenus for each of the web
services going..

> -1 liblas make failed , check the logs

something didn't get the memo about the /usr -> /usr/local prefix
change, not sure what. it's not the end of the world if we have
to put it back to /usr, but it should be possible to fix this...

note that since the script aborted it also means that the
libboost-dev stuff was left behind, so once fixed expect to free
a bunch more disk space.

{{{
[ 45%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/las.dir/tifvsi.cpp.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/lib/liblaszip.so', needed by `bin/Release/liblas.so.2.0.0'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/las.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
ERROR: libLAS make failed.
Finished: ./install_liblas.sh
}}}

also rasdaman failed to build, which left behind the large
openjdk java headless package.

{{{
rasmgr_config.cc: In member function ‘const char* Configuration::makeLogFileName(const char*)’:
rasmgr_config.cc:555:64: error: ‘mkdir’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [rasmgr_config.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build_rasdaman/rasdaman/rasmgr'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/build_rasdaman/rasdaman/rasmgr'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
ERROR: package install failed.
Finished: ./install_rasdaman.sh
}}}