[Live-demo] How to add data on USB flash disks

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 14:02:47 PDT 2011

On 14/08/11 17:52, Micha Silver wrote:

> I'd like to make several USB flash disks with the current LiveDVD but
> with additional data. Where can I find some hints for adding data and
> creating a new ISO?
>
> I have a VM of OSGeoLive running. Is there a way to add data in the
> VM, then turn that into an installable ISO?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Micha

Micha,
Our process for building OSGeoLive is explained here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build

ISO specific steps are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build#Build_the_Live_DVD_ISO_image

So you could take a VM already created, change it as you see fit, then
create an ISO.

Alex, are there any extra steps that you have added to the build process
which are not in the wiki?

Geospatial Director