[Live-demo] How to add data on USB flash disks

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Sun Aug 14 19:45:16 PDT 2011

All,

I'm working on this same thing actually.  Mostly to get the hang of VM operation, amoung other things.

Thanks on the pointers.

bobb

>>> Cameron Shorter  08/14/11 4:03 PM >>>
              On 14/08/11 17:52, Micha Silver wrote:                body      p { margin-bottom: 0cm; margin-top: 0pt; }       I'd like to make several USB flash disks with the current        LiveDVD but with additional data. Where can I find some hints        for adding data and creating a new ISO?
      I have a VM of OSGeoLive running. Is there a way to add data in        the VM, then turn that into an installable ISO?

      Thanks,
      Micha

    Micha,
    Our process for building OSGeoLive is explained here:
    http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build

    ISO specific steps are here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Build#Build_the_Live_DVD_ISO_image

    So you could take a VM already created, change it as you see fit,    then create an ISO.

    Alex, are there any extra steps that you have added to the build    process which are not in the wiki?

    -- Cameron ShorterGeospatial DirectorTel: +61 (0)2 8570 5050Mob: +61 (0)419 142 254Think Globally, Fix LocallyGeospatial Solutions enhanced with Open Standards and Open Sourcehttp://www.lisasoft.com