[Live-demo] osgeo live documentation as a booklet/handout

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 02:47:19 PST 2011

Testing further:

I modified the conf.py to include the following:

## -- Options for PDF output --------------------------------------------------

pdf_documents = [
        ('index', u'MyProject', u'My Project', u'Author Name')
    ]

pdf_language = "en_US"

pdf_break_level = 1

    # Show Table Of Contents at the beginning?
pdf_use_toc = True

    # How many levels deep should the table of contents be?
pdf_toc_depth = 9999

    # Add section number to section references
pdf_use_numbered_links = False

    # Background images fitting mode
pdf_fit_background_mode = 'scale'

# ----------

Then created a new index.rst

.. meta::
   :http-equiv=refresh: 0;url=en/index.html

|osgeo-live-version|

.. toctree::
   :maxdepth: 2

   en/index
   en/overview/qgis_overview
   en/quickstart/qgis_quickstart
   en/overview/grass_overview
   en/quickstart/grass_quickstart

This is the result: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/607635/osgeo_live/test_osgeolive.pdf

So far so good.  Is this the right approach?  I may have to create a
new stylesheet, but my plan is to minimize creating separate rst for
the pdf generation so that everything are in sync with osegeo-live's
documentation process.  Any pointers to creating pdf template.

--
cheers,
maning