[Live-demo] 4.5alpha1 Build has started

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Thu Feb 3 10:57:56 PST 2011

Hi Alex,

Many packages have error messages like:

E: Type '-e' is not known on line 1 in source list
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/python-tweepy.list
E: The list of sources could not be read.
ERROR: xxx Package install failed! Aborting.

Do you have an explanation for this?

Regards
Pirmin

Am Dienstag, 1. Februar 2011, um 08.01:23 schrieb Alex Mandel:
> Logs are up,
>
> Normal Build - Probably will not make an iso, could post the vm image.
> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/4.5alpha1/4.5alpha1.tar.gz
>
> Chroot Build - Might make an iso to test the steps for that.
> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/4.5alpha1/4.5alpha1-chroot.
> 7z
>
> Enjoy,
> Alex
>
> On 01/31/2011 08:31 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I've started the build of the Alpha1.
> > I actually have 2 builds racing each other on 2 servers.
> > 1. is the same way we did the last few releases on a vmware box logged
> > in to an xterm session on an install of Xubuntu.
> > 2. is a chroot build on a 10.04 server
> >
> > ETA, tomorrow morning (~4-12 hours) since I probably won't be awake when
> > they finish.
> >
> > Build #2 will likely crash and burn in several ways related to "user"
> > not existing, no home directory etc. I will post in another thread about
> > that since I want to pursue this method in order to start creating 100%
> > automated builds that'll run faster. I'm thinking a branch may be in
> > order in svn to accommodate this idea? Was thinking of using git or bzr
> > to branch it develop and merge back later, suggestions welcome.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alex

Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
http://www.sourcepole.com