[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Live-demo] Has anyone written a "How do youXXX with Open Source GIS?"

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 23:32:42 PST 2011

Hey Mike:

I am not sure about other projects; but for uDig we have a "tasks" section; and we depend on our contributors to populate it. You will find that many of the contributors have not used ArcMap and are not in a position to write a from this perspective.

For uDig the tasks section is in a wiki (allowing anyone to contribute); the result[1] is exported out and processed into online help for the application.

Jody
[1] http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/EN/Home