[Live-demo] Sahana Install - minor edits

Brian Hamlin maplabs at light42.com
Sun Feb 13 09:32:44 PST 2011

I have a raw, base XUbuntu that I build from..
I selectively run and delete components on it
the `pwd` approach broke for me
probably based on whether the current directory was the base of the svn
checkout
or in its child directory, bin, at a particular time

Literally, since $BUILD_DIR is a *variable*
it can be defined to *something else* by a moderately knowledgeable user
and then the rest of the script may work, yes?

Many scripts do use $USER_HOME/gisvm as the base directory
from which to reference other svn based resources
Its unambiguous, for this disk layout.
That sequence is stable in the current build

I dont think that the scripting is far enough along to have defined
some ideal
set of shell variables and current working directories, to generalize
execution from within the build as it is now, and externally in the
abstract

If you, Hamish, have a vision for an overarching, self-consistant set
of shell vars
and working directories such that svn resources can be referred to from
the build script
on and off the LiveDVD build, by definition of a cooperative software
project, you are
invited to define and even build that vision, for all install scripts

   -Brian