52°North start script - (was: Re: Fwd: Re: [Live-demo]52N SOS status)

Eike Hinderk Jürrens e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Tue Feb 15 23:55:31 PST 2011

Hi Cameron,
it is no problem to cc it to the list.

Short intro for the others:
> The current version of the 52nSOS start is launching firefox with two
tabs:

>    tab a: the 52°North SOS test client
>    tab b: the quickstart of the 52°North SOS which gives introduction
what to do, when the tomcat is not started or responding

I did it this way, because my experience was/is, that all images of
osgeolive had the default xubuntu tomcat running from start - this
tomcat is used to run the 52°North SOS.
If the default tomcat will not be available in OSGeo live dvd 4.5 and
the following, I'll have to adjust the script of the 52°North SOS.
Regarding the flashing icon stuff, I need some hints and support, how to
do it or where to take it from.

Feel free to comment.

I'll be on the road until Friday, but will check my mails regularly.

Kind regards,
Eike

--
Eike Hinderk Jürrens
52° North Initiative for Geospatial Open Source Software GmbH
E-Mail: e.h.juerrens at 52north.org
Fon: +49-(0)-251–396371-33
Fax: +49-(0)-251–396371-11
http://52north.org/
General Managers: Dr. Albert Remke, Dr. Andreas Wytzisk
Local Court Muenster HRB 10849