[Live-demo] Natural Earth in 4.5b2

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 12:35:27 PST 2011

Brian and I have been chatting on IRC, and here are our suggestions:

We note that the current naturalearth dataset has topological errors
which may be an issue for some of the applications on OSGeo-Live.
It will be good to have naturalearth's quality assurance process
improved such that these errors are removed before they release, but I
expect that will take time to put in place, and we want to lock down
OSGeo-Live for this release.

I understand that Brian has been able to clean up the dataset. What I
suggest is that we put this cleaned dataset on download.osgeo.org
(keeping the same layer names), and bump the version number of the data.
Eg: 1.3.1 or 1.3osgeolive1

By the time we are working on the osgeolive5.0 release, I hope that we
can work with the naturalearth team to improve their QA process so that
the naturalearth dataset is topologically correct.

Nathan, how does that sound to you?