[Live-demo] OSGeo-Live 4.5 - OSGEarth

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 19:29:01 PST 2011

Cameron wrote:
> It might be the case that OSGEarth doesn't work without
> OpenGL support. If that is the case, is it possible to fail
> gracefully? Eg: In a wrapper bash script test for the
> existence of OpenGL. If it doesn't exist, present up popup
> alert stating "This computer seems to be missing OpenGL
> support is required to fully make use of OGLEarth. Elements
> of this program will not work as expected."

Virtual Machines + OpenGL are a know problem (bug) industry wide. AFAIK
we've done all we can and are installing everything needed, and if the
ISO is burnt onto a physical DVD or USB stick and booted from that then
everything works correctly.

not much we can do about it. hopefully a newer version of VirtualBox or
whatever makes this better.

Hamish