[Live-demo] Re: Proposed osgeo-live license

activityworkshop mail at activityworkshop.net
Sun Jul 17 12:30:30 PDT 2011

So it seems I need to make this statement public too:

Yes I'm happy with the decisions made about the license.  I actually
have no strong opinions on it either way but I'm happy to go along with
the OSGeo-Live team.

Firstly, am I able to make a license statement at all?
I have authored the Overview & Quickstart for Prune for OSGeo-Live, and
as far as I can tell, all source material can be legally included under
a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License for Project
Overviews, and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
License for Quickstarts.  The text is my own work, the screenshots were
made by me but include openstreetmap imagery.  I did not contribute any
install scripts.
I have also made minor corrections to other documents in OSGeo-Live, for
which I claim no authorship, I just made small modifications to the work
of other authors.

Secondly, what kind of license is acceptable to me?
Basically, I don't care.  I would be happy with public domain, or CC0,
or anything which lets people use it.  As far as I'm concerned, it's all
good publicity for Prune and other open source software, so the more
people read it and use it, the better.
However, in the interests of completeness I confirm that all my
contributions to OSGeo-Live may be used under the current OSGeo-Live
license guidelines, and any future contributions will be compatible with
the OSGeo-Live license guidelines at the time of contribution.

I hope that's a sufficient statement for everyone :)