[Live-demo] Firefox 5.0 issue in combination with uDig

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 20 14:08:11 PDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I tested the quickstart guide for the uDig project with the latest beta1
release and I'm wondering about the behavior with the browser view within
uDig (eclipse). It uses the native browser on the system, in this case I
guess it would be the Firefox 5.0

The test ends up with a broken view (no content) and exceptions in
background (see bug http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/742).

The test passed with a alpha build a few weeks ago. I have no idea why it
brakes right now, the uDig core system didn't changed the browser view
behavior and its dependencies.

Do you have any suggestions? I haven't seen any changes at install_scripts
 (gsivm/bin folder), my read is about the vm setup ..

Cheers
Frank